For First Time start from here , but if you are already have a pptp connection start from step 9
1) Go to Start and click on ControlPanel.
2) Proceed to click View network status and tasks in Control Panel window.
3) Network and Sharing Center window will appear,proceed to click on Set up a new connection or network.
4) Set up a Connection or Network window appears.Choose Connect to a workplace option and click Next.
5) Proceed to click on Use my Internet connection (VPN) (your computer should have connected to network).
6) Enter the following data :
Internet Address : jp1.cetmm.cn ( we have 33 servers around the world ) . To check all the available servers, this information is available in the Client Area under "Our Servers".
Destination name : GoSoft VPN
Note: Tick that Don’t connect now; just set it upso I can connect
7) Type your VPN user name and password,after that click Create.
Note: For safety concern, don’t tick Remember this password option.
8) Ok! Now the VPN connection is ready to use,just click Connect now to establish the VPN connection if you are ready.If not, click Close and connect it later.
to change it from pptp to l2tp
9 ) Right-click the network icon on the bottom-right side of Windows screen, and click "Open Network and Sharing Center" .
10) Go to "Network and Sharing Center" and click "Change adapter settings" .
11) The currently defined VPN connection settings are listed. Right click the icon you created in the previous step, and click "Properties" .
12) On the Properties screen, switch to the "Security" tab. (In Windows XP, switch to the "Network" tab.) Choose "Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPSec)"on the "Type of VPN" drop-down list.
13) Next, click the "Advanced settings" button. (In Windows XP, click the "IPsec Settings" on the "Security" tab.)
The following screen will appear. Click "Use preshared key for authentication" and input "123456" on the "Key" field.
After the above configuration finished, click the "OK" button twice to close the property screen of the VPN connection setting.
14) Connect to the VPN Server
Double-click the created VPN connection setting, the below screen will appear.
"User name" and "Password" fields should be filled automatically if you enable password-saving options in previous steps. If not, input your "User name" and "Password" fields.
Click the "Connect" button to start the VPN connecting attempts.
While the VPN is trying to be established, the following screen displays statuses. If an error occurs, confirm your settings make sure that the type of VPN is "L2TP/IPsec" , and the pre-shared key is correctly specified (123456) .
If the VPN connection is successfully established, a VPN connection icon will be listed on the screen which appears when you click the network icon on the bottom-right of Windows screen. The status of the VPN connection icon should be "Connected" .
By the way, you can initiate the VPN connection by simply clicking this VPN icon from now on.